Sunday Somewhere Piper Cateye Sunglasses
Sizing your Sunglasses
What to look for in sunglass sizing (measured in millimeters):
1) Lens Width: it’s the most important measurement that determines fit. It is the length of one lens. Ranges 40 — 66mm.
- Petite Faces should stay under 50mm size frames as a general recommendation.
- Wider faces should look for frames in the 57mm+ range.
- Depending on the style of frames you choose, you can go up or down by one to two millimeters and still find an appropriate fit.
- If you want a more oversized look, your measurements will be larger.
2) Bridge Width: the size that fits depends on width and height of your nose bridge. 14 — 24mm range. To get at the approximation of your face width, you would add the lens width times two and add the bridge width.
3) Temple Length: the distance from the lens to the end of the sunglass arm. 120 — 150mm range.
An easy way to figure out what size of sunglasses you should wear is to take your best fitting pair of sunglasses that you own and look at the inner side of the temple. There will be three numbers separated by box icons. These three numbers are the lens, bridge and temple measurement of that sunglass, in that order. Pay attention to the first measurement as a proxy for lens width that is good for your face.
“Piper” is a surname of English and Scandinavian origins which derived from the Old English pîpere (piper, one who plays the pipe.) Nowadays, it is not uncommon to use Piper as a first name. As a pair of sunglasses, Piper is a cat-eye with a twist of modernity by the use of acetate and lens colour combinations. She also features clean lines with architectural references. Flawlessly flattering on the face, this is a commercial silhouette.
- Tortoise or Black Italian Gloss Acetate Female Specific Frame
- Brown Solid Italian CR39 2 Base UV Lens
- Polished 18C Gold Metal Hardware Finishes
- German OBE Stop Hinges
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection
- Handmade in Hong Kong
- Lens Width - 53 mm
- Bridge Width - 21 mm
- Hinge to Hinge - 150 mm
- Temple Length - 148 mm
- Weight - 0.06 lb
- Wide Face
- Long Face
- High Cheekbones
- High Nose Bridge