Sizing and Fit Tips
How do I know the right size for my sunglasses?
We group all of our sunglasses into specific fit categories, such as small face or high cheekbones. In addition, we also provide lens width, bridge size and temple size measurements for each pair. You can reference our Size Guide for how to take your measurements. Typically, the lens width is the most important number to keep in mind. Depending on the style of frames you choose, you can go up or down by one to two millimeters and still find an appropriate fit.
What if I need help finding my size?
If you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, our stylists are happy to help you find your perfect pair.
What does 100% UVA/UVB protection mean? What is the difference between UVA and UVB?
Ultraviolet (UV) light are the sun's harmful rays that can damage your eyes. There are two main types: UVA and UVB. UVA has longer wavelengths and passes through glass easily; experts disagree about whether or not UVA damages the eyes. UVB rays are the most dangerous, making sunglasses and sunscreen a must; they don't go through glass.
All Cloak Supply glasses provide you with 100% UVA/UVB protection to make sure you are both safe and stylish.
Can I put prescription lenses into your frames?
Some of our frames are scriptable. At this moment we do not provide prescription lens with your frames. Information on which ones are suitable can be found using the filters and can be found on the product descriptions.
What is the quality of your sunglasses?
We choose our brands and styles based on a strong quality standard. We look for partners that have a commitment to delivering the best value with their materials and design. What we consider good quality can be felt from the quality of the acetate or metal. High quality acetate, which is a cellulose, a plant-based, non-petroleum based hybrid form of plastic, has a different density, hand feel and sheen. While being strong, it is also flexible and hypoallergenic. Plastic (non-acetate) tends to be less durable. Our metal frames feel sturdy yet refined and light. All of our sunglasses also have quality hinges and meticulous construction, which provide smooth opening/closing and flat folding. Some of our frames are hand-made. Please refer to the brand websites for even more in-depth about their respective materials and production processes or reach out to email@example.com.
Are all of your sunglasses authentic?
All of our products are from 100% authentic brands and we are authorized by these brands to offer you our handpicked selection.
What is your warranty policy?
We offer a generous warranty policy to ensure your complete satisfaction. We will repair or replace defective sunglasses at no cost to you within the first year of purchase. This policy does not cover damages incurred through rough treatment (i.e. not using case as protection, dropping sunglasses, etc.) If sunglass style is no longer available, we will cover an exchange for a similar style up to the original price of the retired pair.
How do I clean and care for my sunglasses?
Keeping your sunglasses clean is the best way to ensure their longevity!
- Begin by rinsing your sunglasses in warm soapy water. This will remove grit, dirt, dust etc. Don't use hot water, this may damage the lens coating.
- Next, apply a mild soap to fingers and gently rub the lens, nose pads and frame. Rinse glasses well and shake excess water off. Avoid dish soap with lotions and hand sanitizers.
- Carefully dry lenses and frame. A clean soft cloth works best. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, facial tissues or paper towels as they may scratch the surface.
- When not wearing your sunglasses, store in a dry place. Use your case to keep your frames safe. This is the easiest and most effective way to avoid scratches and keep the dust & dirt off.
- Don’t let your sunglasses overheat in your car or direct sunlight. High heat can damage the frame and lens.
- Avoid placing sunglasses on top of your head as it can stretch them and cause the glasses to become misaligned over time.
How do I adjust my sunglasses for maximum fit and comfort?
Sometimes sunglasses need to be adjusted to fit your face more comfortably. Some adjustments can easily be done at home with a little careful handling. Some frame materials resist adjustment like titanium, memory titanium, memory plastic, or aluminum alloy. Others are quite adjustable, including stainless steel or acetate temple arms in which a stainless steel rod is embedded. If your frames are made of adjustable materials, please see the following for some easy adjustments tips.
- If the arms of the sunglasses are a little loose. Insert a mini screwdriver into the screw hinges. Turn the screw clockwise to tighten it.
- If the frames rest a little too low on your nose:
- For wireframe glasses - use your thumbs to push the nose pads closer together until they fit snugly against both sides of your nose.
- For acetate glasses - run warm water for 30 seconds over the part of the frame you want to bend to soften it. Then bend inward at the bridge, the hinges, or the bend of the temple arm, to make the frame fit more snugly.
- If they they are pinching your nose for wireframe glasses only, use your thumbs to spread the nose pads out until they fit comfortably.
- If they are a little crooked; one lens is higher or lower than the other: bend the opposite temple arm down where it is most adjustable: at the hinge or the bend at your ear.
For any serious adjustment, taking them to your local optician is your best bet. Most opticians will do it for free. Provided here are some of our recommended partners in New York City who will be more than happy to help.
944 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10021
1155 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10028
399 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012
The Shops At Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019
2110-H Northern Blvd, Manhasset, NY 11030
575 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022
812 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10065
366 W Broadway, New York, NY 10013
250 Vesey St #218, New York, NY 10281
53 Newton Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937
Returns and Exchanges
What is your return policy?
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return your sunglasses for a full refund within 7 days from the original purchase date. Any returns must be in the same condition you received them and in the original packaging.
How do I return my order?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number to get a return started. We will provide a shipping label and a $5 shipping cost will be deducted from your refund. Please return the item ‘as new' and in its original package labeled to Cloak Supply, 480 Avenue of the Americas #337, New York, NY 10011.
How long does it take to process a return?
Once we have received your return package, we will notify of the receipt of the package. It typically takes 5-10 business days to process your return.
Ordering and Shipping
What does shipping cost?
We offer USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day shipping for free on all orders placed in continental United States.
Where do you ship to?
We currently ship anywhere within the continental United States for free. For international shipments standard shipping charges apply.
When can I expect my order?
We ship all orders with USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day shipping. Orders are shipped same day if placed before 12PM EST. Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays within the United States. If your order is placed on Saturday or Sunday, it will be processed on the following business day.
There is a mistake with my order, am I able to cancel it?
Once your order is submitted, you have a one hour window to make any changes. Please email email@example.com within one hour of submitting your order to ensure we can cancel it in time.