Oliver Peoples Marianela Oversized Sunglasses
Sizing your Sunglasses
What to look for in sunglass sizing (measured in millimeters):
1) Lens Width: it’s the most important measurement that determines fit. It is the length of one lens. Ranges 40 — 66mm.
- Petite Faces should stay under 50mm size frames as a general recommendation.
- Wider faces should look for frames in the 57mm+ range.
- Depending on the style of frames you choose, you can go up or down by one to two millimeters and still find an appropriate fit.
- If you want a more oversized look, your measurements will be larger.
2) Bridge Width: the size that fits depends on width and height of your nose bridge. 14 — 24mm range. To get at the approximation of your face width, you would add the lens width times two and add the bridge width.
3) Temple Length: the distance from the lens to the end of the sunglass arm. 120 — 150mm range.
An easy way to figure out what size of sunglasses you should wear is to take your best fitting pair of sunglasses that you own and look at the inner side of the temple. There will be three numbers separated by box icons. These three numbers are the lens, bridge and temple measurement of that sunglass, in that order. Pay attention to the first measurement as a proxy for lens width that is good for your face.
The oversized Marianela is a super feminine, cat-eye sunglass. Featuring a strong bevel, this glamorous sunglass includes demi-flat lenses and an embedded temple where the filigree is engraved on both sides.
- Acetate Frame
- Black Solid, Blue Solid, Orange Flash or Green Flash 2 Base Plastic Lens
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection
- Handmade in Italy
- Lens Width - 54 mm
- Bridge Width - 20 mm
- Temple Length - 145 mm
- Hinge to Hinge - 148 mm
- Weight - 42 g
- Long Face
- High Cheekbones