Sunday Somewhere Laura
Sizing your Sunglasses
What to look for in sunglass sizing (measured in millimeters):
1) Lens Width: it’s the most important measurement that determines fit. It is the length of one lens. Ranges 40 — 66mm.
- Petite Faces should stay under 50mm size frames as a general recommendation.
- Wider faces should look for frames in the 57mm+ range.
- Depending on the style of frames you choose, you can go up or down by one to two millimeters and still find an appropriate fit.
- If you want a more oversized look, your measurements will be larger.
2) Bridge Width: the size that fits depends on width and height of your nose bridge. 14 — 24mm range. To get at the approximation of your face width, you would add the lens width times two and add the bridge width.
3) Temple Length: the distance from the lens to the end of the sunglass arm. 120 — 150mm range.
An easy way to figure out what size of sunglasses you should wear is to take your best fitting pair of sunglasses that you own and look at the inner side of the temple. There will be three numbers separated by box icons. These three numbers are the lens, bridge and temple measurement of that sunglass, in that order. Pay attention to the first measurement as a proxy for lens width that is good for your face.
“Laura” is Dave Allison’s mother in law so we must be very careful what we write here. In all truth Laura is a true selfless beauty. Born in Australia but deep-seeded Italian heritage her famiglia are from a small town called Gorizia; a small town in northeastern Italy. Located at the foot of the Julian Alps it borders Slovenia.
The Laura style is a fashionably elegant, feminine cat eye shape.
- Black or White Acetate Frame
- Grey Solid or Brown Gradient Lenses
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection (all our sunglasses should have this)
- Handcrafted in China
Dimensions: (in mm)
- Lens Width- 54 mm
- Bridge Width- 20 mm
- Hinge to Hinge- 148 mm
- Temple Length- 150 mm
- Weight- 0.1 lb